Miami County Dental Clinic Dentist
This dentist position will play a key role providing quality dental care in our primary care facility. The prime focus will be examining, diagnosing, and developing treatment plans for infections and injuries of the teeth and mouth as well as serving as an educator/mentor/adjunct professor to 4th year Ohio State University College of Dentistry students that also provide dental care three to four days a week to our patients. Carrying out the treatment plan in a competent and efficient manner is expected.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our thriving not for profit organization and to provide quality care to those most in need. Our dentist will serve in a hands-on educator role three to four days a week, overseeing the care of all patients, while providing assistance, guidance, and advice to the student dentists as needed as they see and treat our patients. This position will also see and treat patients one day a week without students present. There are no productivity goals or requirements. This is a unique and great opportunity for providers interested in focusing on care delivery and education rather than the business of dentistry.
We serve the low income, uninsured, and under insured populations of Miami and Shelby counties in Ohio. As the only safety net dental clinic in Miami County, we provide a sliding scale fee schedule for the 49% of our patients that are uninsured, based on their income level and family size. We do accept Medicaid.
Our vision is Transforming Lives through Inclusive Dental Excellence.
- Evaluate patients’ intraoral & peri-oral hard and soft tissue condition, including caries, endodontic/periodontal pathology, soft tissue, and developmental pathology.
- Diagnose and treat Emergency Dental situations such as toothaches, broken teeth/restorations, dislodged crown/bridges, broken off denture teeth etc.
- Develop patient treatment plan; including Preventative, endodontic, Periodontal, Restorative, Prosthetic and follow up care.
- Refer out complex Endodontic, Surgical and Periodontal treatment. Perform and complete the remaining portion of treatment plan.
- Typically, all, or nearly all patients’ treatment plans should be completed “in house.”
- The specific procedures which the applicant is expected to be proficient in and expected to perform are amalgam and composite restorations, single and double canal Endodontic therapy, extraction of erupted teeth and roots either routinely or simple surgical procedures. prophylaxis, periodontal scaling & root planning.
- Exercises direct supervision of the assigned/designated dental assistants, dental hygienists, and dental students.
- Provide professional consultation, instruction, and education to student dentists.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinic Manager, Executive Director, or Board of Directors
- An interest in treating less fortunate, needy patients. Providing emergency, preventative and basic restorative care
- Graduate from an accredited Dental School/Doctoral Degree (DDS/DMD)
- Ohio State dental license
- At least 1 year of experience providing dental care
- DEA certificate
- CPR certification
- Experience with Electronic Dental Records and digital radiography required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email resumes to Stephanie M. Waller, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org